The Parent Council exists to represent all parents and carers. Our work includes:
- working with other Secondary School Parent Councils in making representations to the City Council on the Education Budget
- putting forward parents' views on the new school building project and decant
- providing refreshments at school events and parent consultation evenings
- providing input to the school on matters such as timetabling
If there are other areas of interest, that’s fine too. All ideas are welcome.
Next Parent Council meeting:
1) Welcome & Apologies
2) Minutes of last meeting (13th Sept) and last AGM (27th Oct 2015)
3) Update on S1 Residential
4) Chair's report
5) Treasurer's report and accounts
6) Election of committee
7) Update on 2016 exam results
8) Events Group update
9) Head teacher's report
10) Date of Next PC Meeting
11) A.O.C.B. If you would like to raise any items, please contact us by email, or just come along.
EASYFUNDRAISING - RAISE MONEY FOR JGHS WHEN SHOPPING ONLINE. Do you ever shop online? JGHS Parent Council is registered with Easyfundraising so that every time you shop online you can raise funds for the school AT NO COST TO YOU.
You can access over 2,700 well known retailers including John Lewis, M&S, Boden, iTunes, Sainsbury's and loads of insurance, travel and service companies through Easyfundraising, and they will donate a small percentage of what you spend to JGHS to say thank you for shopping with them. It's a really simple process, all you have to do is go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/JGHSparentcouncil register as a supporter the first time, and then get shopping. Then always remember to go to the Easyfundraising website first and click to your chosen retailer from there. Bookmark it, save it to your desktop or install the optional "Find and Remind" facility to give you a prompt. So far in 2016 we have raised £437 through Easyfundraising and we currently have only 101 supporters. So please sign up and click through to help the school.